This is for my American friends. Surely this mug takes you right back to your childhood.
But who knew that Mr. Clean was such an international man of mystery??
I know exactly what you are thinking right now. "Ellen, this is so interesting! I am drawn in by the astonishing beauty of your prose and accompanying photos! More, surely there is more??"
Indeed, my friends.
The photo above is Austrian. Meister Proper. The one below, Czech. Mr. Proper.
"Proper" in German means 'neat,' or 'clean.' In Czech, I'm not really clear. Wiki does offer, though, that Mr. Clean is a popular fellow all around the world:
The name "Clean" is usually translated into local languages:
- Don Limpio, in Spain (originally launched and sold for years as 'Mister Proper')
- Maestro Limpio, in Mexico and Puerto Rico
- Mastro Lindo, in Italy and Malta
- Meister Proper, in Germany (originally; labeled now as Mr. Proper)
- Meneer Proper, in Belgium (Colloquially, the brand is known as 'Mister Proper')
- Pan Proper, in Poland
- Mister Proper, in Bulgaria, Hungary and Czech Republic, Slovakia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Ukraine and Middle East
- Monsieur Net, in Quebec and French Canada
- Monsieur Propre, in France
- Romuald Diego, in Philippines
Whew. Exciting stuff.
Next: Something random, I am sure
Housekeeping Update: I've pretty much decided to migrate the whole she-bang over to Wordpress, so the shift is taking longer than expected. Many thanks for the requests for password. When the change happens, there will be a "request password" button that pops up, so it will be easy enough to request on-the-spot. I do have a list of requesters to-date, so you'll get the first alert.